Saturday, September 7, 2013

Ken dolls

The idea with the enemy sprites is that they need to be easy to reuse in different ways. I can easily do different skin tones, so that turns one pose into 4 enemys. I was toying with the idea of doing 1 head and then having multiple faces/expressions, but it looked kind of boring. Considering I'm doing things kind of cartoony anyway, it's pretty quick for me to just do a bunch of different heads instead, so I'll do that instead. The only problem then is eyebrows and eye colour, but realistically, maybe that doesn't even matter.

So secondary to this, I'll also do hair styles, clothes and accessories. Annoyingly, hairstyles and clothes will need to be specific to each pose, but hopefully I can make the accessories a little more ambiguous so they can be reused.

At the moment, I'm aiming to have about 6 poses all up, but if I'm going to see how long that takes. I'd like to do more if I can because variety is always awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment