Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A life of grime.


So... The reason my pic from last night was mildly prophetic is because today I was told they were going with another artists designs for the game I was asked to concept. I was a little heartbroken... but I think I'm over it now. This is a man blog after all. Single tear. That's it.

The bonus I guess, is that I can post the stuff I've done here and it can act like a buffer while I do other stuff.

I'm not particular pissed because I still think my stuff looks ok, and there was very little direction for me to go off of. Also, that whole 48 hours to define a style thing kinda sucked. And in the end, I lost out to an actuall trained artist who's been using his/her tablet for more than 2 months.

Meanwhile, it's all good to be idealistic about it, but its worthless if I haven't learned anything from it. Due to total lack of criticism (or feedback at all really), this is what I'm taking:

-Concept/basic designs doesn't need to be that detailed/clean/big (although that was me mainly sticking with what I know due to time restraints)
-Force people into dialog about what they want.
-I'm sure I learnt something about style... I'm just not sure what. I mean, I based mine on an example that was given to me, but I don't think it was as cartoony as they wanted. I think I'm going to have to try mimicing some other peoples styles.

I dunno... I'm sure there's more, but I'm a little tired. I've got a few others to put up, but I think i should probably leave out anything gameplay specific since I dont want to get into trouble.

Oh, massive ups to 26, catch my favourite song of thiers "A new beginning" in the season finale of the tv series "Life" this week. Maybe I'll have to get around to doing that film clip for you :P

No comments:

Post a Comment