Thursday, March 26, 2009

So much for Watchmen week...


Sooooooo- about that... and about those regular posts I was making... It appeared to have just stopped.

But!- Not all is what it seems... The reason I haven't done anything on here is because I was asked to do a bunch of concept art for a potential new game, but It had to be done ASAP. I pretty much only had 2 and a half days to get it done. Naturally, I put everything else on hold.

So the good news... MASSIVE BREAK. It's like the first time I've done something at work that I can actually show as more than just experience. Plus, apparently my stuff is a hit, so they've asked me to design more of the characters and specific track highlights. Naturally this is also awesome, but It means I wont be doing any side stuff for the moment. Furthermore... the legalities of the situation are a little cloudy at the moment, so I don't know if I allowed to post the stuff I've done here, or if it has to stay hush hush.

I don't wanna stop posting here though... and I'm not really cool with posting without any pictures or anything. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do in the meantime.

For the moment though, please enjoy this logo my sister asked me to photoshop for her boss... I had to photoshop out the gray gradient background or something. Mission accomplished?

(Oh... and I've been re-reading Watchmen the past couple of nights. I totally forgot about the mention of Ride of the Valkyries in the Under The Hood excerpt. In the comic, Hollis Mason refers to it when recounting the saddest thing ever. It's there as a contrastring soundtrack to a ridiculous and heartbraking moment in his childhood. It's basically a super serious piece of music that's playing while a bunch of people are laughing.

Co-incidentally (since I totally don't believe this was on purpose) it was also playing in the cinema while a bunch of people were laugh at its self referential status in pop culture. I guess this, coupled with trivialising the Vietnam war with a Giant-Blue-man-exploding god and a sadistic american hero was the movies attempt at placing the song in a similar context to the book. I would almost give Snyder some points for this, if I wasn't a bitter husk of a man who is hoarding all his points for himself).

No comments:

Post a Comment