Monday, August 17, 2009

How appropriate, you fight like a cow.

So I dunno, this was supposed to be Motivational Monday or something I have a feeling it failed. But truth be told I had to put out something. It had been 6 days since my last post and I didn't even have the excuse of being deathly sick anymore.

So what is my excuse? Oblivion.

The game I bought aaaaaaaaaaages ago and then vowed never to play it because I knew I'd end up doing nothing but playing it. What started as an way to spend a recovery day after being sick has slowly devoured all my time. That game is the devil.

But what does it have to do with Monkey Island? Well... Nothing. I was going to make a post about being a pirate or something, but it seems pointless now. Furthermore, I really rushed this out for the sake of posting something. Some isolated sections look OK, but others are the stuff of my nightmares. Guybrush deserves better. Maybe some day soon I'll give something else a go.

As a side note, it would be pretty cool to make a Guybrush style character and run through Oblivion as him. I don't think there is a Pirate class, but I think it should be pretty easy to make up. He'd have to have:

-Attributes: Luck (Nothing can kill him thanks to sheer luck), Personality (He does a lot of talking), Strength (He can carry all that stuff!).
-Birthsign: Thief (Mainly for the luck bonus). He could also go Shadow to get the 60 seconds of invisibility, but it would be cooler to have an actual necklace of invisibility made from eyes like the game.
-Race: Imperial (Providing you can make them blonde).
-Skills: Speechcraft (For talking your way out of stuff), Blade (For insult sword fighting), Mercentile (Pirate's gotta make money), Athletics (Lots of walking), Light armor (Unless a pot counts as heavy armor), Acrobatics (It'll help when being fired out of the cannon).

No comments:

Post a Comment