Wednesday, May 13, 2015

It's all a front!


After much lead up: The front page. You can also see it here. It's complete with slider game and background previously discussed on the blog, plus a news slider and twitter feed. I'm pretty happy with it, and it matches (in a round-about way) to some concept art my constant co-conspirator Drew Fellows made for me. I was hoping to push this style through the rest of the website tonight as well, but I had to fight x theme in a lot of things so I'm stopping here and I'll do the rest tomorrow, probably.

Not everything is 100% though... There are a couple of things that don't quite work as intended when scaling the window. Previously I noted that I hadn't worked that into the slider at all, so that is still to come. Similarly, the news slider doesn't really scale as I would've wanted (to be honest, I'd rather ditch that slider entirely and pull the latest news post directly somehow) and overlaps the border at minimum width. Similarly, the center box text can have the text overlap outside of the box, and the actual contents of that text could probably do with some more thinking time. Because full screen is fine though, I'm happy to delegate fixing that to a later date. One thing I may do sooner rather than later is tweak the background image slightly though.


No comments:

Post a Comment