Friday, January 4, 2008

Day 4 - It's not looking good...


...Or Cheat MkII.

Ridiculously busy day today again, so I didn't really have time to do anything. Luckily, heres something I semi-made earlier.

I made it about a month or two back to use as a front page for an online portfolio. It's still coming along, but for the moment I've cannibalized it and wrote on top of it. I saw a site about a guy who actually builds steampunk machines, so that was the inspiration for it. I guess, when I talk about a site, it might be nice to link to it. I'll try to remember in the future.

Anyway, I was going for a medieval kinda feel, so I gave him arms that are also guns, but have sharp edges that can be used for hacking. Also, drawing the legs made me realize how retarded I am, but the same can be said of whoever did the designs for the transformers movie. I mean, a battle robot shouldn't have all its inner workings open like that. It's like one big weak point. Plus, branches and stuff would get stuck in there. I guess it would look a little boring if it was just armor though and having all the gears and pistons on show is the steampunk way. Thats my excuse anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment